Friday, December 08, 2006

To be or not to be...



Good morning boys and girls!


I'd just like to start off today by saying "Thank Jeebus it's Friday!" This week has been nothing short of stressful and horrid. The wost part, by far, is that the new Beta system wouldn't let me log on most of the time. I'm hoping they've fixed that because it ruins my life.


So...now that we have that out of the way...some of you may know that I have terrible luck with the whole 'dating' thing. The truth is, I hate it. Sometimes I think it would be fun to date...and then I do it and I remember why it is that I despise it. I have considered taking the lesbian route, only to recall that while I do find women attractive, they just don't do it for me in the sexual sense. I have been wracking my brain, trying to find a solution to my "sometimes being single is lonely/dating is a waste of my time" dilemma, and so far I have not come up with any concrete plan.


The thing is...I actually like being single a lot of the time. I get to do what I want, when I want, however I want to. I can eat crackers for dinner, drink a bottle of wine, and watch the entire first season of Grey's Anatomy in one evening. I can have a Sex and the City marathon for an entire weekend...and I can wrap myself up in all of the blankets and not worry about someone else being cold. I can flirt, give out fake phone numbers, and dress up just for me. No one ever tells me that I'm falling short of their standards...because I have no one else's standards to live up to. When I look at it that way, I wonder why I'd ever want to be in a relationship. But after a few years of this style of life, it gets boring.


What I really want is this:


Although maybe a slightly less anorexic looking guy. Sometimes a girl needs a little romance...

This leads to my next question...can you have romance by yourself? Is cooking a fancy dinner and eating it by candle light alone considered romance? How about a bubble bath with candles? I just don't find it to be the same...but on the other hand, I know better than to expect things like that from the guys I date...maybe I'm just dating the wrong guys?

Maybe I should just get to work and not worry about it. Some people aren't meant to be in relationships...and I think I might just be one of them.

6 comments:

Wanderlusting said...

When I'm alone, I often light candles in my apartment, crack open a bottle of wine, cook myself a meal and sit down in front of the ol' tele...I mean, computer.

Is that romantic? I don't know if I like myself in that way.

Janellerific said...

I love wine...and computer addictions.

I think someone has tried to steal my identity on this thing...because it says I am logged in under a different e-mail account. ARGH!! Beta blows.

I'm going shopping.

Wanderlusting said...

haha good! It DOES buy happiness!

PS that guy in your pic is so skinny, I'm more turned on by the two chicks making out.

Janellerific said...

Yeah, I'm not much for overly skinny men myself.

Oh man, the pomegranet oil from the Body Shop is amazing...I got a new dress today...I'm getting dolled up and going out on the town!!

Wanderlusting said...

PS Ross clicked on your girl-on-girl image because he thought it was you

Janellerific said...

Haha. Ross is a suckerfish!