Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holy Crap I'm freezing!

So, I wake up this morning and I find it a little chilly in my condo. I get up to start the day the Carmen Electra way and I realize that I can't actually feel my toes or fingers. This is strange, seeing as usually when I wake up my body is warm and feeling pretty good after a hard night's sleep. Today on the other hand, was completely different. It was like Saturday morning, when I woke up and froze my nuts off.

Once again, I call the Condo Association asking for someone to come and fix my heat. Unlike Saturday though, no one showed up within the hour. I called at 7 this morning, and it is now almost 1 pm and there is still no one here to turn on my heat. I'm soooooooooooo cold...the kittens are freezing (and insist on sleeping on my neck whenever I lie down). Hopefully this guy shows up soon, because I'm worried that the pipes will burst if they freeze all the way through. (And no, that is not in reference to my female pipes, which are working just fine thankyouvermuch) Oh yeah, and the thermostat has decided to stop registering the temperature. I'm assuming it's doing this to prevent me from getting depressed about the lack of heat...or maybe it just doesn't go this low. I'm wearing 2 t-shirts, a long sleeved t-shirt, a hoodie and a big thick knitted sweater right now. I'm tempted to throw on a toque, a scarf, another pair of socks (over my 2 pairs and slippers that I'm currently wearing) and some long johns. Some mittens would be good as well, although I realize it's difficult to type in mittens.

Ok, time to crawl back under the covers to preserve what's left of the body heat.

2 comments:

Janellerific said...

There are such things as ass mittens...they are more commonly known as pants. And don't bitch to me about the weather in BC...it was -47 here with the windchill yesterday. It has warmed up to a gorgeous -25 today.

Hope you are enjoying your trip...bitch. And you know I mean that in the kindest way possible.

Wanderlusting said...

That's it! No postcard!

(I'm sorry, I bough them and then lost them somewhere...but I have stamps! I think I'll mail it to you from the airport...or from Vancouver).