Thursday, October 26, 2006

Freaking out...


Oh god...oh god...so I realized today that it's damned near the end of October. This would be alright if only my job wasn't a "Temporary-3 month" position. The end of October is the end of the 3 months. I haven't heard either way if I'm staying or going. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't love the job so much. I mean, not only do I have a lot of free time with it, but I love my clients and my co-workers...and if I get a new job, who will go for coffee with me everyday? Another big problem is the fact that I JUST bought a new place...getting another job will be no big deal, but will I be able to find something that pays enough to pay for the mortgage? I feel physically ill because of this...my tummy wants my breakfast out of there.

I actually feel quite similar to the way I felt the morning after this picture was taken...like my head was full of cotton and my body was rejecting all solids, fluids, and Advil gel capsules. Ok, so I just think the picture is funny and I wanted to post it. Nicole and I get into swell amounts of trouble.

What the hell should I do?

2 comments:

Wanderlusting said...

I say drink and all your problems will go away. Of course, you may more problems in the meantime, but meh.

Is there no way you can ask your work whether they want you to stay or not? And if they say no, are there other similar jobs in that field, in which you can you use your three months of experience to get?

Either way, you'll get a job, hopefully one that will afford you your mortgage and all. Maybe it won't be as cool as the one you have now, but at the same time, you could keep it as a "temp" job itself and look for your dream job on the side.

At least, this is what people tell me when I complain about being unemployed.

Janellerific said...

I've actually cut down on my drinking considerably...I think some of it had to do with that day in Vancouver with Jeff...although mostly it just has to do with the wickedly awful hangovers that I seem to get, even after 2 drinks.

I have tried to contact my boss's in regards to setting up a meeting about my position...so far this hasn't proven to be happening. I guess I'll have to just sit back and relax and watch my kittens destroy my house.

Thanks for the positive thinking though...it's helpful. If all else fails, I can work at Tim Hortons until I lose my mind and off all of my co-workers with a stale donut...or shoot a customer through the drive-through window. Is that even spelt correctly? Threw, Through...what a stupid word.