Monday, October 23, 2006

My new home!!

Hellooooooooo Everybody! (you 3 know who you are)

So, Jeff's been all up in my face about my lack of blogging lately. I would feel kinda bad, if I wasn't so bloody busy with the new place. I have been in here for almost 2 weeks now, and it's just fantabulous!! On Friday the 13th, I added 2 new members to my family. Their names are Mr. Tanaka and Gizmo.

Mr.Tanaka is the orange one (Jeff, you may notice that he looks an awful lot like Jimi...the cat I let you chase around my yard back in the day). He has 5 toes on one foot and 6 on the other. When I get him to pose nicely I'll take a picture for you...looks like he has mittens! Gizmo is the Ewok looking thing lying on her back. I absolutely adore them...even though they are quite difficult to manage at times. I apparently am not capable of getting a pet that isn't inbred.

So, the house...so small, so outdated, but so wonderful!! I spent all last weekend painting the kitchen cupboards. The job was difficult, but well worth it. They now look modern and brighten up the entire place.


Here are a couple more pictures...one of my super-hot pink bathroom ( I adore the hawaiian print shower curtain and giant pink towels *thanks mom*). The other picture is of the stairs up to my loft. I'm going to paint the rest of the kitchen bright blue, change the flooring, and paint the rest of the place a light grey. Then, I'm going to paint the back wall of the loft some bright color, and eventually I'll change the carpet because I'm not exactly fond of it. Oh yeah, and all the brown doors you see will be painted the same color as the cupboards...that's my weekend job!

Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that I was still alive and also show off my photo posting to blog skills. *apparently I was forgetting to click the DONE button afterwards*.

I'll be sure to update more often now...I'm sure you can hardly contain your excitement!!

Ciao

7 comments:

Wanderlusting said...

Those kitties are TOO cute!

I wish I could have pets but I would forget to feed them.

I hope Gizmo doesn't bring any Gremlins into your pretty new place. It would be a shame if they messed it up. Gremlins are notoriously hard to get rid off.

Janellerific said...

Yay!! My first comment in weeks!! I just think you are super swell. You know, I'm not sure what has happened to me. After I get off work now, I cook something (today I made buns), I play with the kitties, I have a bath and then I lounge around naked. I'm getting old. Meanwhile, you're out having all the fun.

Speaking of Gremlins and the like, my soon-to-be cousin-in-law says I should breed them...make my own little army of inbred cats. I'd consider if if I wasn't so against inbreeding...I see the effects of it everyday. Afterall, I live in Grande Prairie, Alberta.

Wanderlusting said...

Are you planning on making a visit to Van before Jeff buggers off to some crazy foreign country to eat perogies?

PS I try and lounge in my underwear but people spy on me. People like Ross.

Janellerific said...

I won't be able to come up before then...I can't take any time off work before Christmas now(seeing as I no longer have 2 incomes) but I will be coming up for a visit next summer...I know it seems like a long time, but it's really not that bad. I stole 3 new plants from work today!! I'm hoping they root nicely so I can have big ones in my house...such a geek, such a geek.

jeff and ross said...

(Jeff)
Nice cats Janelle. The orange one looks especially delicious… I mean cute. The place looks awesome. Is that your room just above your living room? Is that a ladder too? It not only looks like you have a nice pad but also a killer fort.

jeff and ross said...

(Ross)
Mmm fortified cat stew. (Sorry Janelle...congrats on the digs, the plants and the pets. Good to have you back).

Janellerific said...

Thanks Guy's!
Haha Jeff I never really thought of it as a fort before, but now that you mention it...Fort MacLaren it is! Yeah, that's where my bedroom is. I adore it.
My kitties are not edible...so you two can shut your dirty mouths. I found out today that they like cheeto's though...which is nice.